TRAINING: OUR TRAUMA-INFORMED MODEL
Our training is designed for yoga teachers, school teachers, and therapists— but it is open to anyone who wants to expand their skillset in working with youth who have experienced trauma.
In-person training Friday, March 1, 2024 – Redwood City, CA.
Register for the training here – The Art of Yoga Project Training
The training covers:
- The Art of Yoga Project’s model of gender-responsive, strength-based, culturally-sensitive, and trauma-informed mindfulness and creative expression programming;
- The neuroscience of developmental trauma and sequential intervention informed by the Child Trauma Academy’s Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics, which can be adapted to any type of therapeutic programming for youth;
- How the teen brain functions, pathways into the child welfare and juvenile justice system, and issues facing teens who have experienced trauma including commercial sexual exploitation, substance abuse, and other mental health disorders;
- Guiding principles of cultural humility as it relates to race, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and how to honor rather than appropriate yoga and mindfulness; and
- Best practices for teaching mindfulness to this specialized population, including how to effectively manage behavioral problems and other classroom challenges.